Prawns fry is the specialty of goan cuisine. People in the state like to enjoy with drinks.
Prawns or shrimps fry is very delicious and popular recipe of coastal region. These are very simple to cook. The prawns fry can be done in 2 types, one is simply way as I have shown and another is using green masala (paste of mint and cilantro). Fry with green masala will be posted very soon. Till then let’s see what are the ingredients needed for this recipe.
Prawns or shrimps fry, a popular recipe of coastal region.
- tiger prawns - 10
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- red chili powder - 2 tbsp
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- semolina - 1/2 cup
- salt - to taste
- Wash and clean the prawns and keep aside.
- Combine turmeric, red chili powder, salt and lemon juice. Prepare the smooth paste.
- Rub the mixed paste on the clean prawns. Marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil into one pan and fry the prawns on medium flame till they become crispy on both the sides.
Prawns fry are served with flavored rice and with mint chutney.